Zoho Subscription Case Study
- Our clients goal was for customers to select and pay for their insurance online. They also needed to be able to service and market to their customers later.
- This was all accomplished using Zoho CRM, Zoho Subscriptions, Zoho Creator, Zoho Analytics and WordPress.
The Customer Experience
- The customer goes to a website that knows who they are. This means some fields are pre filled, only applicable fields are shown and the dropdowns contain only plans they are allowed to select.
- As values are entered other fields appear if needed with dropdown values changing based on the data.
- This is a Smart WebForm. People hate filling out fields they have already filled out for a vendor.
- The amount to pay appears once they fill in their plan and a few other fields.
- Then they enter all the people associated with this plan and hit submit.
- This takes them to a secure payment gateway so they can enter their credit card and bank information
- Once complete they receive a confirmation email.
- Then every month a payment is removed from their bank account.
- Best to reduce operating costs and get away from Credit Cards after the initial payment.
How Smart WebForms Work
- This form gets the data from the link.
- This link comes from an email sent via Zoho, from a website page, Facebook page or they could just visit the site.
- Depending on what data is in the link the form can search CRM before loading the form to get relevant data.
- It also gets data from the CRM when form field values change.
- As for saving the data it goes to multiple modules within both CRM and Subscriptions.
- It matches to existing Contacts and Accounts if they exist so as not to create duplicates.
- In CRM it is also important that the contacts are related to each other and to accounts
The Client Experience
- They enjoy getting automated orders with the ability to market to their client base with very minimal data entry and no duplicates.
- Of course other automation’s and workflow processes are triggered from this initial process, but there is to much to list here.
- One example is a report that gets automatically emailed every morning to selected users.
- This report is very powerful because it combines data from Zoho Subscriptions, Zoho CRM, Zoho Books.
- An understanding of what the data is being used for is critical. This helps determine which tools are required and where to store the data.
- Also it is important that Zoho Subscriptions Product, Plans and AddOns is setup properly.
- There is more, but don’t want to bore you with it here.
Zoho Apps and Software Used
- Zoho Subscriptions
- Zoho Subscriptions API
- Zoho Creator
- Zoho Creator API
- Zoho CRM API
- Zoho Books API
Zoho Subscriptions Overview
- Zoho Subscriptions handles your customer subscription billing life cycle from end to end. Automate recurring billing, manage subscriptions, send professional tax-compliant invoices, and get paid on time, every time.